Saturday 20 August 2011

Whoops, I lost my mind

I realise that I have kind of neglected this blog recently. I have had SO MUCH on my plate, with exams and then various holidays - Malawi, France and then Turkey on Tuesday! I have a number of opinions about those holidays, some good, some bad...but I digress, I have decided that I am going to try and re-invent this blog; delete awkward/unwanted posts, change layout etcetc. I feel it should be properly cared for, and I will have plenty of time as I am about to begin my studies at Kent University studying English and American Literature. I am very much looking forward to it, meeting new people and immersing myself in the beautiful topic. First up: Daphne Du Maurier's 'The Birds' (the basis for Alfred Hitchcock's film of the same name). 

I got my A level results on Thursday. I achieved A*, A, B, B. I am disappointed in both the B's as I worked SO HARD for MONTHS in order to achieve my grades. However, due to the fact that 150,000 of this years applicants didn't get into university, I should count myself lucky that I got into my first choice with absolutely no problems! I was very grumpy on Thursday due to the grades, but I then got over myself and had the most lovely night out with my friends to celebrate the end of an era! I will miss everyone, but me and my friends are already figuring out how long it'll take to visit each other and because many of us are near London it's a good meeting point! AND I CAN GO TO PARIS EASIER THAN COMING HOME :D

So, that's the big change in my life. I am very excited now and look forward to the next chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment