Friday 23 September 2011

And the rest, they say, is history....

I am sat here, writing from my desk in my university accommodation - my home for the next year. I am listening to Colbie Caillat and feeling strangely romantic/loving and I am just in the mood to snuggle. Odd, huh?

Fresher's week, thus far, has been an all out success. Well...nearly. I am lucky enough to live with the loveliest people that one could ask for as friends/roommates etc. We all get on like a house on fire, like we have been friends for years and it just makes me so happy and glad that I have got to this stage in my life. I have eaten more food this week than I have done all summer, and whilst the concerns over my weight remain, I know that my roomies accept me as I am, in all my paranoid, unconfident, slightly bi-polar self. It's all I could ask for really. Plus I can go to the gym whenever I want, so I plan to go A LOT and get fit and feel attractive for once in my life.

I have done the whole 'getting drunk in Fresher's' thing. Last night, actually, was the worst night because I got so terribly off my face and made a complete fool of myself (some evidence below). I hope that people do not think less of me for this. I don't intend on drinking much for the rest of term, just every so often and only a little. I want to keep my wits about me!

My course seems really good, and whilst I am sad that I am not undertaking a drama aspect, I can join the drama club and all will be well. Generally, though, university is wonderful :)






1 comment:

  1. This sounds great, I'm glad to hear you're feeling accepted. Don't worry - I think most people expect freshers to get too drunk and make a fool of themselves.

    ReplyDelete