Saturday 16 October 2010

EP - random scribblings

© Becky Snowden, 2010!
I’m quite chuffed considering I just wrote it off-the-cuff cos I had a sudden idea, I do waffle a bit, what do you think?

‘In undertaking such a project as a research into autobiography, one should realise that they are always written with a certain aim or purpose in mind, thus rendering he work somewhat biased. One must also consider the fact that memory is crucial to works of this genre, but this memory is, as DuBois writes, “always incomplete, and often unreliable” because “there are difficulties; memory fails especially in small details.” (pp. 12-13). The combination of these factors, with the addition of the author’s personal opinions and prejudices ultimately affect the outcome of an autobiography which leads critics to view the works with a skeptical eye. One must study the facts carefully and allow for mistakes or omission of key events/factions, or the misrepresentation of events to achieve the desired effect.’

I love writing! As I said, I do waffle, but I think it makes sense?
© Becky Snowden, 2010! (just in case ;D)

No comments:

Post a Comment